Design of Mobile App
-Brief on The Process-
What are the objectives of the EMF mobile app?
The primary objective is to inform the levels of EMF of each location in Honolulu to raise the awareness of environmental EMF in our daily life visible to people.
The secondly objective is learn to create a mobile app to understand workings of front-end and back-end programming.
One of the model for the primary objective is the case of safecast.org where people learn and actively performing the scientific activities of building tools to measuring radiation levels.
- Underlying Theoretical Frame
My thoughts on “Meaning emerges in relations to other (objects etc.)”.
Theoretical Frame (P. Dourish’s Context and Social Settings)
“‘Context’ has entered the realm of computational design”
“‘Context’ arises from the activity (Dourish, 2004)
- Who are the potential users?
Concerned parents for their children’s exposure. EMF sensitive individuals. Someone who is seeking information on EMF. People who does not know anything about EMF.
- Feeling & Atmosphere of the site
Neutral, trustworthy, approachable, and informative, and users feel like they want to come back for new information. Open data of EMF levels of people’s environment.
- Identity – Logo, Color, Typeface
- PhaseI – A stable map with pointers which is clickable. If the pointer is clicked it will display a photo indicating the EMF level. Lower half of the page is a linked list of locations with thumb nail photos.
- PhaseII – PhaseI + map is pinch and spread to move around the map.
- PhaseIII – PhaseII + a user login and photo uploading capabilities from mobile phones. The photo with EMF reading is stored in the database with date and location stamp.
- PhaseIV – PhaseIII + registration to friendly users who can login and upload Acousticom 2 photos. That is multiple users loading information on db.
- PhaseV – Acousticom 2 directly access to load necessary information to DB directly. (Acousticom 2 must have an output which would connect to some device that connect to Internet.)