Literature search and review on your topic (from Chris Hart, Doing a Literature Review 2005 p. 14) – some of the questions the review of the literature can answer-(Figure 1.2)
- What are the key sources?
- What are the major issues and debates about the topic?
- What are the political standpoints?
- What are the origins and definitions of the topic?
- What are the key theories, concepts, and ideas?
- What are the epistemological the discipline?
- What are the main questions and problems that have been addressed to date?
- How is the knowledge on the topic structured and organized?
- How have approaches to these questions increased our understanding and knowledge?