Notes from Nov 9, 2017 in pdf format: Place p5js_on_Codepen
WordPress: The level of customization
This is big loop in php:
Chris’ video and resources:
Use of http://underscores.me/
WordPress Theme – Developing a WordPress Theme from Scratch.
According to the Udemy Youtube, Angular JS enables a browser to template the final webpage instead of traditionally the template was done by a server as below.
“http://299kh.wordpress.com/wp-json/wp/v2/posts” does not work, but “http://apurie.com/test17/wp-json/wp/v2/posts” works. This is due to some capability is not available to WordPress.com users, but it is available for users who hosts WordPress on their servers such as Bluehost.com.
https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/extending-the-rest-api/routes-and-endpoints/ (routs and endpoints and namespace)
var oReq = new XMLHttpRequest(); oReq.open("GET", url); // retrieve data unprocessed as a binary string oReq.overrideMimeType("text/plain; charset=x-user-defined"); /* ... */
The main ones used by WordPress REST API are:
GETshould be used for retrieving data from the API.
POSTshould be used for creating new resources (i.e users, posts, taxonomies).
PUTshould be used for updating resources.
DELETEshould be used for deleting resources.
OPTIONSshould be used to provide context about our resources.
(The REST API (and How It Could Change WordPress Forever))
Difference of placing feature image instead of regular image.
WordPress Function Reference
– wp core functions
– instead of display posts shortcake (plugin), how to use php to display list of posts by category via raw php?
– learn how to create custom php “page templates” (built into wp core)
– Test #1: local JSON parse from the head & display in the body test (all in one html file)
– in the head, put inline json
– in the body, use js to parse and display data
– Test #2: remote JSON parse from GitHub json file & display in my local html file
– in the body, use js to get json data from GitHub then parse and display data on my local file
– Test #3: remote JSON parse from WordPress json file & display in my local html file
– in the body, use js to get json data from WordPress then parse and display data on my local file
I will go back to processing exercise tomorrow.
WP: Display Post Shortcode
WP: Post Grid Plugin